Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 25

Back in business now. I started off with reading about the motion blur and then did some tests. To be able to visualise how it looks, I animated a sphere travelling across the screen, using .rib files. I then added motion blur to these spheres using the motion blocks, MotionBegin and MotionEnd. The first test was at low pixel samples. I then increased the pixel samples to 8 8 to get a higher quality blur. The difference can be seen in the picture below:


You can have a look at it in action:


After the simple blur, I added a slightly more complicated motion path, where I specified 3 points in the motion block for renderMan to calculate the blur. Here I added favouring where I could control the amount of blur following the object and ahead of the object.

Default blur with no favouring

Blur favouring the right hand side

Blur favouring the left hand side

Well, thats it for today for renderMan. Will start with depth of field tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment